Monday, August 31, 2009

A poem in August


A Poem in august


LOC: Starbucks, Portland, ME






I reached for my heart at the footsteps of his glittering eyes.
I searched
for so many days and nights
for this profound and delicate feeling
and when my eyelids, damp,
from overflowing water,
squinted tightly--

this is what I see,
this is what I feel:
this is what's delivered to my heart:

My soul reached out to me in a dream
in many dreams, to be quite honest
but my mind shuttered at the thought
and closed out the fearful and intimate feeling of belonging
each time
each time my mind crawled and clawed at this feeling
the feeling of craving to belong,
but each night my soul would reach out to me in a dream.


And Each night I would pray to the Gods above
"Bring me someone, someone who understands my heart."
But the foolish emotions of an old soul trapped in a 22 year old's body
means not to be misunderstood, but is still learning.

Laughter strikes my nerves
crusading through my every heartbeat
Laughter does the opposite than heal me
It mocks my deepest and rarest emotions

When I stop, settle my soul down into the Earth's body
I relax-
I see, I feel, I understand..
so much more
..So much less
but so much differently than before.


Greiby Medina ©2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Twitter!

http://www.twitter.com/iamGabyMedina

Followers

About Me

My photo
I thought the blogs were supposed to get me out of this question!